The 18 March 2020 release is primarily to support the preview availability of Virtual Academy IQ.
In addition the following improvements have been made:
- Changes to the V5 and IQ (API B) programming to support multi-motor drivetrains and gyro turns. More details to be released soon. Check the API documentation for current classes.
- Improvements to the mimics, including:
- Rename “Connect” to “Test Drive” as this better describes the functionality.
- Mimics which include a configured drivetrain can be driven during Test Drive with WASD keys.
- When driven with WASD test drive, there is an odometer showing distance traveled.
- Improved performance of the VEX IQ Color sensor in the mimic
- Improved drivetrain performance in the VEX IQ mimic
- Motor hold support in the mimic
There will be an increased pace of software releases now through September.