Once again, we are offering 4-day professional development workshops for both VEX IQ and VEX V5 throughout July and August at our Redmond office.
Things to know about the workshop:
- The course is for adult mentors like yourself and teachers doing summer professional development. There will be nobody under 18 in the room.
- Registration includes a robot and sensors that you can take home when the workshop concludes.
- Specifically, Includes V5 Classroom Starter Kit (P/N 276-7010), VEX Vision Sensor (P/N 276-4850), VEX Ultrasonic Range Finder (P/N 276-2155), and the VEX V5 Inertial Sensor (P/N 276-4855) total value of $811.97.
- If you choose an IQ Training Package you will receive a Classroom Super Kit plus Vision Sensor valued at $458.99.
- No previous experience with programming or building robots is required we’ll do everything together starting with unboxing the robot
- Training will occur in downtown Redmond, Washington.
- Lunch will be provided each day of the workshop.
- Early bird pricing is on now until the end of March.
- We accept School Purchase Orders
Rough Outline of the 4-day workshop:
- Unbox Robot
- Discuss major components and how they work (brain, motors, sensors, controller)
- Learn to drive the robot using the controller
- Learn how to program and customize the controller
- Program autonomous movement using Robot Mesh Studio
- Discuss loops and logic
- Object Detection using the Bump Switch / Touch Sensor
- Object Avoidance using the Ultrasonic Range Finder / Distance Sensor
- Object Recognition using the V5 Vision Sensor
- Programming precision movement using the new VEX V5 Inertial Sensor
- Discussion of the VEX Robotics Competition for 2020-2021, Team Management and Best Practices
Video from past teacher workshops: